Ecuador registers a -0.15 percent inflation rate for November 2016

The National Institute of Statistics and Census (INEC) reported Ecuador registered a -0.15 percent inflation rate for November 2016 (El Universo, 6 December 2016). This is the fourth month since July 2016 that Ecuador has registered negative inflation, as July (-0.09 percent), August (-0.16 percent), and October (-0.08 percent) also presented negative values in the price index. The cumulative inflation from January to November 2016 reached 0.96 percent, while annual inflation from November 2015 to November 2016 reached 1.05 percent. Cuenca, with -0.36 percent, is the city with the lowest levels of inflation, followed by Guayaquil with -0.32 percent (Ecuavisa).